-

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reviews: Stoker, Jack the Giant Slayer & Cerpen KNB...


Watched this movie last night. Great cinematography and talented cast (Matthew Goode was devilish awesome). And it got the same pace as Drive (2011) but in the end, all were wasted by its weak storyline. Disappointed because it looked quite promising. I rated it 3/5 stars



Finally, watched Jack the Giant Slayer last weekend. Another twisted dark fairy tale after Snow White, Red Riding Hood and others. I entered into the hall with a low and 'meh' expectation because the trailer didn't mesmerize me so much. But whoaaa! I love this movie! It was entertaining. I dare say that this is the most excellent twisted fairy tale movie being made so far (waiting to watch Oz later). The CGI was okay and not over-the-top. The cast and the story-telling were surprisingly good. But a little too scary for kids, I guess. I rated it 4/5 stars.  



Please let me review a book I've just done reading. Published by Fixi, it is an anthology novel by Khairulnizam Bakeri (his novel Pecah was adapted as movie which will be on local cinemas soon!), containing a lot of interesting short stories. Most of the stories are mainly based on crime/criminals told in different ways and some of them gave me a unique twisted ending which left me, 'huh... whoaaa... laaa siot tol...'

Give it a try. Nak pinjam boleh, saya ada. Hehe.

I rated it 4.5/5 stars.

Later~

No comments: