Friday, June 14, 2013
Review: Man of Steel
I rated it 3.5 stars. I wanted to give it 3/5, but... kesian sikit.
What Made Me Hate This Movie?
1. General Zod. Michael Shannon was not natural and convincing enough as the villain. I'm sooo disappointed about this.
2. Amy Adams as Lois Lane looked like she's not Lois Lane.
3. Laurence Fishburne as Perry White. Wasted! Along with his colleagues.
4. The flashbacks didn't work for me. Just leave it to Arrow series.
5. The movie's pace was pretty much like Battleship. Boring storyline but extravaganza action scenes.
6. The fighting scenes at some points were annoying. Fight, spaceship come and go, fight, spaceship come and go, fight....
7. Just like that Clark first got his costume?
8. Clark Kent and Lois Lane fell in love so easily. Oh come on...
9. Zack Snyder's new cinematography style: shaky cam + zoom in and out many times = so unoriginal. Stick to slow-mo, Zack!
10. Just an average DC Universe flick. Not convincing enough to be a kick-start for a Justice League movie. Everything was rushed in this.
Some positive things about Man of Steel:
1. Henry Cavill is perfect as the new Superman/Clark Kent. Keep him for next sequels!
2. Diane Lane, Russel Crowe & Kevin Costner were great as supporting role. The veterans won.
3. Some fights between Supes and Zod's army kicked ass!
4. Krypton world was beautiful.
5. That's all.